Thursday, February 14, 2008

Movies For Two

In honor of Valentine's Day, I decided to take a little break from sports today to talk about several movies that you just can't go wrong with on Valentine's Day. I want to note, that I'm not a huge romanticist, and by no means am I a fan of "chick flick" movies, but there are several films that I can guarantee, both of you will like on this Valentine's Day.



1. Hitch: One of the funniest movies of 2005. Kevin Smith is hilarious playing the role of the overweight, nervous, uncoordinated slob who somehow gets the girl, while Will Smith plays the "perfect" matchmaker. As a guy, I can guarantee most men will enjoy it, while I haven't met any women to disagree.






2. How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days: Yes, I did say I'm not a fan of "chick flick" movies, however, this is one exception. Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson are great together. McConaughey is quietly trying to win the heart of Hudson in order to win a bet which will make him the account representative on one of his advertising company's biggest campaigns, while Hudson is secretly using him as a scientific experiment for writing an article for her magazine in which she is trying to figure out all of the ways she can lose a guy in 10 days.


3. Top Gun: How could I pass this one up? It's an all-time classic. This will just tell you how young I am. This was the first movie I ever saw in a theatre. You've got to love the music, writing, and even a little action. Of course, the ending is what makes it a great Valentine's movie!





4. Music and Lyrics: Here's a show that recently came out just this past year. While I'm generally not a big Hugh Grant fan, I did enjoy the show probably because of the musical element. The writing is good, the music is good, and the story is simple. Most girls will love it, while if I can enjoy it, you guys can, too!






5. The Wedding Singer: You have to have at least one comedy on this list, and here's one that molds around a love story. Adam Sandler is brilliant as the Wedding Singer. I love the 80's theme, and the covers are awesome! It's short, funny and sweet, which makes it a Valentine's Day classic.



1 comment:

Kodi said...

What are these articles about movies doing in a sports blog?